Who we are
Jason Pierce, the founder of Smart Recipe Consulting, and Gerry Pierce, his father, honed their simple and proven approach to creating a culture of incredible customer service through years of experience with large retailers. They understand all too well how the nature of employee interactions with customers can make or break a company.
Jason graduated from the University at Buffalo with a BS in Human Resources and Marketing and later pursued certifications to become a Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) and Certified Compensation Specialist (CCP). His HR experience is varied, from running retirement plans to turning around dysfunctional HR Departments. As CEO of Smart Recipe Consulting, Jason is engaged in creating total customer experience for his clients.
Gerry Pierce, the VP Innovation at Smart Recipe Consulting, began his Wegmans career in 1976, and in 1986 began to oversee all HR functions. During his tenure, the HR department enabled the company’s 47,000 workers to be recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of The 100 Best Companies to Work For from 1997-2016, being ranked #1 in 2005, and #2 in 2017, the final ranking under Gerry’s influence.
Together, Jason and Gerry Pierce have drilled down their successful process into a simple and proven approach to creating extraordinary customer service.
The Pierces believe that happy employees make the best employees. And they have spent their careers proving that to be true.
Jason Pierce, CEO & Gerry Pierce, VP Innovation
- #2 on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, 2017
- Great Place to Work for Legends for 20 years running
- Harris Poll for Corporate Reputation, #2 in 2016 and #1 in 2015
- #1 Consumer Reports for Retailers, 2014–2016
- Glassdoor Best place to work, 2016
- JD Power ranks Wegmans Pharmacy #1 in Customer Service, 2015
- On Business Week’s list of 25 Customer Service Superstars, 2012
- Stativity Group named Wegmans a Best Brand in the World
- By 2016, Wegmans had given 105 million dollars in scholarships over a 30-plus year period
- Invested more than 50 million a year to provide employees with training and development opportunities
- Co-founder of the Hillside Work Scholarship Program and winner of the Past Presidents Point of Light Award